Edmonton Christian Schools
A surge in student registration meant that Edmonton Christian Schools was faced with an urgent need for additional classroom space. The schools needed more space but wanted to maintain the look and feel of the permanent school structure—from interior and exterior finishes to the large open spaces. The schools also needed flexibility for further expansion in following years.
With a contract that started in July 2015, Alta-Fab designed and constructed two elementary school classrooms out of four modules totaling 2,160 sq.ft that were in place by September 2015—a fast turnaround on custom units. This was all in an effort to get the elementary kids settled at the start of their new school year.
- Custom millwork for storage and teacher desks
- Large entryway to connect modules to permanent school structure
- Open concept achieved by using steel beams in construction
- Large birch doors with glass side panels
- Designed to withstand heavy snow loads due to drifting snow from existing buildings
- The finishings—linoleum, lockers, and cabinets—were carefully matched to the original school space
- All millwork was custom designed and built in-house to maximize efficiency and storage space
- To plan for further expansion, our solution constructed the units to accommodate a second-storey addition. Building up instead of out, saved precious school yard space for the students
Click on the images below to scroll through larger images.